My blog has grown and changed over the past four years and become an actual business for me. As a small business owner, my focus 90% of the time is on the day to day operations of my blog including posts, partnerships, and content creation. The remaining 10% of focus is on those parts of running a small business that I consider tedious work including finances, taxes, and legal requirements. In order for me to work at my most efficient (and happiest!) it is crucial for me to have people in my corner supporting me with those financial aspects of running my small business.
When opening my business banking accounts, I wanted to work with a trusted, local bank that would help me with my small, growing business, which is why I turned to a community bank in my area. My community bank has a reputation for helping local small businesses and is a large part of our city. Having a personal relationship with my community banker (who also attends my church!) is so very important to me. I can call him directly with my questions or concerns and know he genuinely cares about my business.
Not only does my community bank support me, but it also supports causes in the community that I am passionate about. They have been a strong supporter of the Omaha Children’s Museum– a place where I have dedicated years of service. Also, knowing my community bank’s values align with mine is incredibly important to me. I love knowing their support stays local and they reinvest local dollars back into area neighborhoods while creating local jobs!
If you are open to changing your banking relationship to get more out of it, consider a community bank. And it’s not hard to find one. Did you know that community banks make up 99% of all banks?! I had no idea and found this statistic to be surprising. I think it is easy to think of those bigger, national banks, but community banks provide more than 60% of small business loans. Plus, there are 5,000 community banks with 50,000 locations nationally. If you are looking for a local community bank, the Independent Community Bankers of America can help you locate one in your neighborhood. Community banks are a great way to have someone local, safe, and knowledgeable support you or your business. Community banks are not just for small businesses and by visiting www.banklocally.org you can find community banks in your area simply by putting in your zip code. I can attest that having a community bank helps us with our personal finances and makes getting support and resolving any issues much easier. Community banks tend to be risk averse and help support their communities – which is of huge importance to me!
Now, back to working on posts, partnerships, and content creation knowing I don’t have to spend much time worrying about that tedious work 😉 and the banking back end is all set up!
This post is sponsored by Independent Community Bank Association. All opinions and images are my own. Thank you for supporting Blushing Momma!