The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale starts this week!! I know many of you shop this sale every year, but for those who are new to the sale, it is THE biggest sale of the year. New fall items will be marked down significantly. I stock my closet with my bigger items (shoes, coats, purses) along with my closet essentials (t-shirts, cardigans, denim). Not only is the sale great shopping for women clothing, it is also a great time to shop for men’s, kids, home, makeup and more!
The tricky thing with the sale, is items sell out fast! You must shop quickly! Follow my tips below to help you prepare for and shop the sale. I will be posting frequently in my stories. I also encourage you to follow me in the LiketoKnow.it app – I will be sharing looks and finds from the sale!!
- Get the Card – Having the Nordstrom Card is the only way to get early access. You are able to shop at least one week earlier than the public – which greatly increases your chances of avoiding sold out items. You can apply for the card here. If you haven’t already, link your Nords card to your Nordy Club account.
2. Know your Levels – Nordstrom has changed their points system this past year. Nordy Club is now where your points are tracked. You earn points towards shopping credit and your level (and perks) increase the more you spend. The 5 levels are: Member, Insider, Influencer, Ambassador, and Icon. Ambassadors & Icons are able to shop ahead of the pre-sale!! All cardholders are able to shop online starting 7/12 – see below.
3. Prepare to Shop – See the timeline below to help know when you will shop the sale. Then set your Nordstrom Double points day for the day you will be shopping! Next, go into the sale with an idea of what you need & want. Review the online catalog here.
4. In-Store Tips – Shopping in store during the sale can be a little overwhelming! Go in with a list of your must have items and shop these first. If they are unavailable, add them to your online list and update this as you shop. Prioritize items that are large and need to be tried on – think coats, shoes.
5. Online Tips – Start shopping the sale as soon as you have access! If you are in-between sizes, order both while the items are in stock. With free returns, you can easily return the size you do not want. If an item is sold out, be sure to check back often as items may become available. You can also call a store and ask an associate to check availability in other stores.
Good luck shopping!!