- Outfit details – Spring is finally here (mostly, but I am pretending it completely is)! It feels so great to break out spring clothing! The pastel stripes and soft look make this pink, peplum top the perfect spring blouse. The blouse is an XS and I could have used a S. I paired it with my easy, every-day jeans and white sneakers (which are only $40!). This straw bag was such a hit last year – check out the real vs the inexpensive dupe!
2. Omaha Childrens Museum Benefit – if you saw my stories earlier this week, I shared that I am helping chair a local benefit. The For the Kids Benefit is on 5/4 and I would love to have you there – be sure to say hi!! This benefit helps support the Omaha Childrens Museum. It is such a fun night with a younger crowd. It is derby themed, so come in your hat or fascinator and join in on the fun! Along with the other amazing women on our guild, I have put a lot of work into this event – and the blog has taken a bit of a back seat to this event and family time.
3. Necklace – I get a lot of questions about the small diamond necklace I wear every day. This was a Christmas gift from my parents – each of us girls got one! That necklace is from local jewelry store, Borsheims. I did find a similar one here or, if you are looking for an inexpensive version, I found this CZ version. I love that it is dainty enough to wear all the time!
4. Flood Assistance – I would be remiss if I didn’t mention the aftermath of local flooding that has occurred over the past couple weeks. Nebraska, Iowa, Missouri, and Kansas have all been greatly affected by the floods. Seeing the devastation so close to home is just heartbreaking. There are so many places you can donate. This website outlines several of the larger, more general places you can donate as well as places that are accepting supply donations. We have chosen to donate to The Nebraska Farm Bureau Disaster Relief Fund.
5. Easter gifts – Ah! I seriously just realized Easter is only 2 weeks away! It is time to start shopping for those Easter gifts and outfits!! Expect some posts this week on our Easter outfits and what I am shopping for this weekend!