Happy Friday!! We have an open schedule this weekend, and I am looking forward to relaxing with the kids and getting some stuff done around the house. Sharing some thoughts, favorite things, and answers to some of your questions today.
- Bedroom Reveal – I was so excited to share our master bedroom makeover with you all! I have been getting a lot of questions on where to find particular items – almost everything in the room is from The Studio by JH as curated by the amazingly talented team at JH Interior design. The space has a lot of neutrals with pops of blush and mixed metals – it turned out so great and we are really enjoying the space. I don’t know that I could pick one favorite thing – the wallpaper, the paintings, the bench, & nightstands are all top contenders. Aaron’s favorite part, hands down, is the rug. Not only does it help cover the eyesore that is our carpet, it is THE softest and most plush rug you will ever walk on! My mom walked on it once and called The Studio to order one, ha!
2. Activewear – I got several questions on these leggings I shared earlier this week. I am wearing the Ash color in XS – they are borderline too tight, so if you are in between sizes, size up. I also got questions on my favorite places and brands to wear. I wear a lot of Alo – I do feel like the quality and fit are worth the price! Zella, Beyond Yoga, and Lulu Lemon are other brands I buy frequently. I have some activewear posts coming soon!
3. Trip to Punta Mita! We leave next week for a vacation with my family to Punta Mita, Mexico and I could not be more excited. We went 2 years ago – see my post here. Our agenda remains the same – lots of great food and relaxing! We will again be staying with friends at the Luna Mar Estate – soooo excited to return to this beautiful property!! I always get a little anxiety leaving the kids, and I need to start getting everything prepared for that. Aaron is leaving 5 days before me for a separate trip and meeting me there – so I am sure those 5 days alone with them will have me ready for a little break 😉
4. Peleton – I have gotten some questions on my Peleton bike. Specifically if it is worth the investment. I will get to work on a review of the bike, the workouts, and if I believe it is worth the investment! I was never a cycler prior to owning one, but now love my bike rides! It takes discipline to get on the bike, but once you are on it, the instructors are so motivating and I love the workouts.
5. Organization – How many of you have read Marie Kondo’s book and or watched the show on cleaning and organizing? I read the book last year, and while I didn’t overhaul my my entire house, I did walk away with some folding and organizing tips. I organized a couple areas and got rid of a fair amount. I also love following Emily Ley with Simplified (she makes my favorite planner) for motivational tips and the January challenge. My biggest decluttering tip is to walk around with a garage bag each week (when the kids are distracted) and throw away clutter – toys from restaurants, random pictures, clutter, magazines, etc. What is your best organization tip?
Have a great weekend!!